I wanted to try instant oats idly for a long time. I used to make a version of this before,by adding a oats as major part in the rava idly,but when I saw the Instant oats idli at sharmis passions,they looked very tempting to try,more over,I wanted to try godumai rava idly too,and this recipe is a double treat for me as it combines both. I love this recipe very much and this tastes very similar to the usual rava idly,more healthy undoubtedly! I made variations a bit to suit my taste buds and convenience..
|Oats(I used quick cook)||1 cup|
|Wheat rava(godhumai rava)||1/2 cup|
|Vegetables of ur choice||As needed|
|Water||1/2 cup+more if needed|
|salt||1 tsp(adjust per ur taste)|
|Eno fruit salt||1/2 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||from 1/2 of a lemon|
|Green chillies,finely chopped||2 nos|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 tblsp|
|Chopped ginger||1 tsp|
|Oil||11 tsp - tblsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Channa dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Dry roast Oats for 3 minutes in medium flame until nice aroma comes.Powder it coarsely after it cools down.
- Heat a pan with oil and temper the items in the table ‘To temper’ ,followed by the veggies u decided to add and ginger,green chillies,coriander leaves. Give it a quick fry and add the wheat rava and fry for a minute in medium flame.
- Transfer to mixing bowl,add salt,curd,lemon juice,water as required and make a batter,which consistency is similar to our idly batter.(neither too runny nor too thick). Mix well. Add Eno fruit salt just before making idlies and mix well. This will give you a frothy/airy batter which gives a soft spongy idly.
- Pour the batter in a greased idly plate and cook just like you cook the regular idlies but for more time,say 10-15 minutes,until done.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Am happy to send this to Event CWF : Oats.. at Priya’s Blog,Originated at Kiran’s blog