|Sour cream or hung curd||2 – 3 tblsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Chat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Crushed black pepper||1/2 – 1 tsp|
|Tandoori masala powder(optional)||1/2 – 1 tsp|
|Lemon juice||from 1/2 of a lemon|
|Salt and oil||As needed|
|Capsicum(I used all the 3 colours),cubed||3/4 cup|
|Onion ,cubed||1 no.|
|Tomato (optional)||1 no.(deseed,cube)|
- Thaw the paneer and cut them into bite size pieces. Don’t cut the cubes too big as the marination won’t get infused inside the paneer.
- Mix the sour cream,all the powders ,lemon juice,salt ,ajwain and a tblsp of oil to marinate the paneer pieces.
- Marinate the paneer pieces,make sure you coat each and every piece,keep refrigerated atleast for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to make,grease the skewers and a grill/pan. Pre heat the oven to 250o C. (my oven has only 230o C as maximum,so you can bake at 230o C too,the outcome was gud)
- Arrange the paneer,capsicum and tomato in the skewers as shown in the picture. Brush them generously with oil.Update: Soak the wooden skewers in water for atleast one hour before baking,which prevents burning of the skewers..Thanks friends for the suggestions :)
- Bake them for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of paneer starts browning.
- After done,again brush them with oil and serve hot with green chutney and sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice over the paneer tikka and enjoy!
USING THE GRILL OPTION IN OVENIn case you have grill option in oven,you need not set the temperature. Just choose the grill option and start the oven, with the grilling pan/pan inside it,it will start preheating and once done it will give a beep,then arrange the paneer in the pan and just set the time for 13-15 minutes. Your paneer tikka is ready.
USING MICROWAVE/GRILL COMBINATION OPTION IN THE OVENIf you are using this option,you need to be careful with the vessel you use for baking,you have to use only the vessel/tray meant for it. You cannot use aluminium foil as its combination mode of microwave too. So choose the tray and choose the right option. My oven has 4 options in this combination mode, to choose for different kind/types of food. So you have to check yours for what has to be chosen. I have not personally tried this option still. In this option also the oven has its default setting for temperature. So just have to set the time.