I had this vegetable masala dosa when I visited Hot chips restaurant here in Singapore. The masala was very different from the usual one and to my eyes I could only see the vegetables cabbage and carrot grated with rich masala. I just love it very much and I know I am going to try it out very soon and I did. My kid too loved this one,definitely I am going to make this often as we eat veggies along with our regular dosa!
Updated version 2 (no grinding method)
|Cauliflower,carrot, beans and cabbage||2 cups all together|
|Pav bhaji masala||2 tsp|
|Biryani masala or garam masala||1/2 tsp|
Make dosa as show in the below version. Here is the updated version masala dosa picture.
Ingredients for MASALA filling:
|Cabbage and carrot(grated)||1 & 1/2 cups|
Masala to grind:
|Garlic flake||1 no.|
|Green chilli||2-3 nos.|
|Cinnamon||1/2 inch piece|
- Grate the veggies and grind the items under ‘To grind’ table with little water to make a thick paste.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the carrots first for a minute or two in medium flame ,followed by cabbage and salt and fry for two minutes in low flame.
- Add the ground masala and fry in medium flame till the raw smell goes off.You can cook covered to ensure even cooking of the veggies. Add oil if needed.Sprinkle water if needed.Usually the water in the ground masala is enough,but if you feel you need more water you can sprinkle little,but at the end the masala should be a semi dry one.
- Make thin dosa,drizzle little oil and keep the stuffing in the middle and fold as shown in the picture,to make a triangle. If you are not comfortable in making this shape,you can just fold simply as we do for the usual masala dosa(semi circle form).Click on the picture if you wish to see larger.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or chutneys of your choice!
Do try this easy masala dosa and let me know how you liked it!