My hubby is a great fan of kebabs,he always loves it..I have tasted kebab only once and had no idea about the recipe. And When I tried this kebabs at home for the first time,even I loved it and no doubt my hubby loved it too! So will make this very often here after in weekends.
Recipe Source: Nita mehta’ s cookbook
|Split moong dal/paasi paruppu||1 cup|
|cumin seeds/jeera||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Chopped finely,3 different colours of capsicum||2 tbls each|
- Soak dal for atleast 2 hours. Drain water and grind it along with ginger,garlic and cumin seeds to a thick paste.Soak the skewers for an hour,too in water if you are using wooden skewers.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or a non stick pan with oil and add the ground paste. Keep stirring until the dal changes in colour(gets cooked) and the mixture becomes dry.It should not stick in the pan.
- Remove the brown crust in the bread slices and give it a quick dip in water and squeeze out the excess water. Mash it and add it to the dal mixture. Add the masala powders,salt and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven 230oC meanwhile.
- Divide into 12-15 equal portions.Take a portion of the dough and stick it in the skewer along the length as shown in the picture. Lastly press the mixed,colourful capsicums and the onions on the outer of the kebabs.
- Brush generously with oil and arrange them in the tray lined with greased aluminium foil. Bake it for 15 minutes or until the ends of the kebabs starts turning golden brown. Turn it over in between(take care not to keep the oven wide open for long time,and also dont get hurt by the hot oven).
- serve hot with green chutney and vegetable salads!