Hyderabadi subz korma tasted like a rich vegetable stew,but this is with paneer. Its truly restaurant kind of recipe…Also very spicy,don’t under estimate by looking at the colour of the gravy! No more jotting, straight to the recipe!
|Cauliflower||6 small pieces|
|Frozen peas||1/4 cup|
|Paneer cubes||1/2 cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coconut milk||1/2 cup|
|Cream (optional)||2 tbsp|
|Ghee/oil||1 & 1/2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
Step by step method for hyderabadi subz kurma:
- Fry onion,with green chillies in a tsp of oil and grind it to a fine paste.Keep aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in pan and temper with the items given in the ‘to temper’ table in order. After the cumin seeds splutter,add the ground paste,ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tblsp water and cook for half a minute.
- Add the vegetables and fry for 2-3 minutes in medium-low flame.Add the powders-garam masala,pepper,red chilli.give it a stir and add 3/4 cup water. Cover and cook until all the veggies gets cooked well yet bit crunchy.Takes 6-8 minutes.(I forgot to add the powders in this stage and added in the next step!)
- Add milk,coconut milk and cream(if desired),I dint add cream and lastly paneer and give it a boil. Dont let it boil for long time,just give it a boil in low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or any variety rice!
You can add the vegetable of your choice and try.
While frying never let the onions brown as it will spoil the colour.
The veggies are cooked yet crunchy in this korma!
You can reduce the oil/ghee quantity,if you want.