I have endless towards tangy items~puliyogare,puli sadam,puli kuzhambu,lemon oats,lemony chutney… . And this one adds on the list above,can be made with less effort,no cutting process…Even bachelors can adopt the recipe and try.
|Aval/Poha,thick variety||1 cup|
|Lemon Juice||from 1 small lemon|
|Sesame oil||1 tblsp|
|Sesame oil||1 –2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Channa dal||1 tsp|
|Red chillies/green chillies||2-3 nos|
|Curry leaves||A sprig|
1. Wash the aval and soak in warm water(gets ready quickly) or ordinary water. The water level should be just enough to immerse,so don’t add more than that.Mix salt,lemon juice,little turmeric and asafoetida in this water itself and mix it,so that the aval absorbs everything.
2. After 10-15 mins,the aval should have absorbed all the water.
3. Now heat a pan with oil and temper with the tempering items given in the table ‘To Temper’, in order.
4. Add the aval and give it a stir to mix well.
5. Just reduce the flame to low and cook covered for 6-8 mins.
Add the sesame oil at end and enjoy your lemon aval!