A classic sweet recipe,perfect to celebrate a sweet occasion ! Well what's the occasion? This is my 200th Post! In spite of blogging for almost 3 and 1/2 years, I just now managed to reach the 200th post.Yeah really!!
|Carrot,grated||3 heaped cups|
|Milk||2 & 1/4 cups|
|Sugar||3/4 – 1 cup|
|Ghee||3 – 5 tblsps|
|cardamom/elachi powder||A pinch|
|Cashew||4 – 5 nos|
- Take a heavy bottomed pan(I used my pot shaped pressure cooker) and fry the grated carrots with a tablespoon of ghee till it turns pale in colour.(say 2-3 minutes)
- Add the milk and bring to boil,cook in medium flame.
- Cook till all the milk evaporates and the carrot gets cooked .
- When the mixture is almost dry,add the sugar and keep on stirring.(7-10 minutes)
- When the mixture starts thickening,add ghee,elachi,cashews and pistachios fried in ghee.Keep stirring for more 3-4 minutes.
- When the halwa starts leaving the sides and transfer this to the serving plate. Garnish with your favourite nuts,sliced and fried in ghee!