An excellent way to make kids eat the vegetables as snack. You can make the pre-preparation and freeze/refrigerate too.So this is a nice idea to use this as birthday party recipe. While making in bulk,its better to deep fry as pan frying will be time consuming.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 8 pieces as shown in the picture)
|Potato,small||2 (equivalent to 1 cup mashed)|
|Other mixed veggies||1/4 cup|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves,chopped||3 –4 tblsp|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
- Pressure cook potato in a vessel and other chopped veggies together in another vessel for three whistles. Just sprinkle a tsp of water in the chopped veggies,that is enough. For potato just cut into 4 and add little water.
- Peel off the skin and mash the potato and add other veggies to it. Make sure there is no water.
- Tear the bread pieces and crumble it by grinding in a mixer.This step can be skipped and you can directly add to the veggies as well. But I prefer this way for even mixing.
- Add it to the veggies along with garam masala,red chilli,salt and coriander leaves and mix together.
- Make a thick paste(like idly dosa batter consistency) out of maida and water.
- Make equal and desired shapes out of the veggies and set a side,I made it simple and round. Dip it in the maida paste one by one.
- Quickly take it out and coat both sides with the bread crumbs. Repeat the process for the rest and arrange in plate.
- If you are pan frying then just drizzle with some oil over a hot non stick pan and arrange 4 at a time and cook in a medium flame both sides,until crisp.
- Enjoy hot with tomato sauce/ketchup with tea/coffee/cool drinks.