I wanted to try Dum Aloo recipe for so long,but never happened. Each time when I buy small potato,I end up in making other small potato recipes like small potato curry or small potato biryani. Even Priti always
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves,chopped||3 tblsp|
|Lemon juice||from 1/2 of a lemon|
- Pressure cook potatoes for 2 whistles and peel the skin,prick it here and there with fork.Heat a pan with oil and roast the potatoes until golden.Make sure you keep it turning in between to ensure even browning.
- In the same pan,fry cardamom,cloves,fennel,jeera,cashews and onion. Grind it with little water to smooth paste.
- Heat oil and temper with the items under ‘To temper’ table. Add finely chopped onion and fry till transparent.Add ginger garlic paste and the ground paste and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt and fry till mushy. Add chilli powder,turmeric,coriander and garam masala powders.
- Fry in medium flame,till the oil separates from masala . Add curd little by little, frying for each time for 1/2 minute.
- Add the roasted potatoes and add water(1 & 3/4 cups),bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves,after switching off the flame.