This is one of the easy recipes I learnt from my SIL here in SG. This is very very easy to prepare,yet makes an wonderful accompaniment for sambar rice or any other rice dishes.So I wanted to blog this recipe for long time. All the recipes I learnt from her are delicious but made with less effort! Try this with any stuffed parathas too,it would be nice…
|Ash gourd/poosanikai/white pumkin – grated||1 cup|
|Green chillies||3 - 5|
|Jeera/cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Remove the seeds and centre soft part of the ash gourd and peel off the skin too. Grate it.
- Take it in a microwave-able bowl and cook for 4 minutes in high. Make sure you stir in between twice.
- Grind the items given under ‘To grind’ table to a smooth paste and mix it with the cooked ash gourd.
- After cooled down,mix in the curd.
- Temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ table and mix well.