Back after a hectic trip to the most awaited wedding in the family. Thanks to the fellow blogger friends,who poured in hearty comments generously though I was not visiting your blogs for past 3 weeks . And coming to the recipe, this is another trademark recipe of my MIL. I learnt this recipe from her and this time I wanted to click pictures while she makes the curry and wanted to blog it,unfortunately could not.She told the recipe and method and asked me to blog later. She made this for me specially on the day we were leaving back to SG,how sweet !!
|Sambar powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Coconut oil (optional)||1 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Channa dal||2 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Cut brinjal length wise,onion length wise and chop the tomatoes.Peel garlic and if the flakes are big,cut them into two.
- Boil brinjal with garlic along with salt,turmeric and sambar powder(you can replace sambar powder with red chilli powder too) Brinjal gets cooked very soon so take care not to over cook them.After done,drain them and keep a side.
- Heat a pan/kadai with oil and temper with the items given under the ‘To temper’ table. Fry onions till transparent and add the tomatoes with required salt.
- When tomatoes turn mushy,add the boiled brinjal, mix well and cook in medium flame until the oil separates from the curry and the masala turns brown here and there. Do not turn frequently,just let it brown evenly.
- Serve as accompaniment for rice…!