I love savoury baking a lot than baking cake or cookies… I have tried this buns for 2-3 times and I just simply love it. I am now hooked to my pizza base dough and use it as basic dough for other bakes like I have used for Garlic buns and Stuffed masala buns too.This time I have replaced a part of maida with atta with no compromise in taste.This is simple and you can make it for either BF or for tea time snack…
Also refer : Bharathy’s and Sharmilee’s savoury buns
|Maida/All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Wheat flour||1/2 cup|
|Active dry yeast||1 tblsp|
|Milk||1/4 cup(+1 tblsp if needed)|
|Water||1/4 cup(+1 tblsp if needed)|
|Olive oil||1/8 cup|
|Chopped garlic||1 tblsp|
|Chopped coriander||1 & 1/2 tblsp|
|Chilli flakes||1 tblsp|
- Sieve the flours together in a large bowl and make a dent in the centre. Heat the milk and water little(luke warm) and add sugar,yeast to it and mix well to dissolve yeast completely.
- Pour this mixture in the dent, add olive oil,salt,chopped garlic,coriander and the chilli flakes and gather to make a pliable and loose dough.
- Apply oil over the dough and cover the mouth of the bowl with a cling wrap with enough room for the dough to rise.Keep in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour the dough should have raised well(refer picture).
- Punch down the dough and make six equal sized balls and arrange it in a greased baking tray. Pre heat the oven to 190oC . Till then the dough balls we have made will again rise a bit.
- Brush the buns with milk and bake the buns at 190oC for 13-15 minutes or untill the top starts turning golden colour.
- Brush again with butter on top..