I have not tasted sandesh anywhere else,just tried for the first time and tasted. With very less ingredients,you can enjoy this yummy milk sweet!!
|Full cream milk||1 litre|
|Lemon juice||From 1 lemon|
|Corn flour||2 tsp|
|Green food colour||few dorps|
- Boil milk. Dilute lemon juice with water and add it to the boiling milk and keep stirring till the milk curdles completely.
- Strain the paneer/Chhena in a muslin cloth(I used one of my dupattas). Hang it for 1/2 hour or till all the water drains. I just squeeze excess water now and then in the 1/2 hour
- Grind this chhena with sugar and corn flour in mixer until smooth.
- Take a non stick pan and heat this mixture on very low heat for 8-10 mins. Take care not to change the paneer colour. I added the green colour in this stage,while heating the mixture.
- When the mixture turns dry and thick remove from fire and transfer to a bowl. Add the powdered pistachios and the green colour.
- Knead well and make into desired shapes. Decorate with pistachios. Keep refrigerated till serving time.