Pongal and oats makes a good combo as both are meant to be mushy. I make this oats pongal for lunch and have it with sambar for a filling meal… If you have chutney also for side dish,then you will never complain anything,just make it,eat hot,its really good! One day saw the Saffola oats advertisement in the magazine about this Oats pongal and got tempted and made instantly and had for lunch.
|Oats(I used Quacker quick cook)||1/2 cup|
|Moong dal/paasi paruppu||1/4 cup|
|Salt||As needed(I added 1/2 tsp)|
|Water||1 cup(adjust as per needed)|
|Jeera||1 & 1/2 tsp|
|Ginger Chopped||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||A sprig|
- Pressure cook moong dal until mushy. Crush pepper and jeera coarsely,slit the green chillies.
- Heat a pan with ghee/oil and temper with the items given in order under medium flame.Add water,turmeric and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the cooked dal and oats and mix well. Cook until you get a porridge consistency.
- Cook covered in low flame for 2-3 minutes or until you get your desired consistency.
- Serve hot with sambar/chutney.