I had some left over palak after I made palak poori for my kid and it was too little to make palak paneer or anything else. I wanted to try aloo palak gravy for long time, but palak was too less. So ended up in making palak paratha. Had it with tomato garlic chutney,the best combo I would say!
INGREDIENTS (6 parathas)
|Wheat flour/Atta||1 cup|
|Sambar/red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/8 tsp|
|Oil||2 – 3 tblsp|
- Wash the spinach and tear the thick stem in the leaf and chop them roughly. Heat a pan with oil and splutter jeera in it. Add the chopped palak and fry in low flame.
- Cook for 2 minutes,without changing the colour and add it to the flour along with the other ingredients except water.
- First mix the flour well with spinach and then add water to make a non sticky dough,just like roti/chapthi dough.
- Make six equal sized ball and roll out little thicker parathas,dust it while rolling when ever necessary.
- Heat pan and drizzle some oil and cook the parathas both sides in medium flame,until the golden brown spots appears.