Aglio Olio, is a simple pasta recipe which is nothing but Angel hair pasta cooked in olive oil flavoured with garlic and spiced with the red chillies. Once when I ordered this from ‘Pasta Mania’, I loved the simplicity of the ingredients and loved the taste the best of all pasta dishes. It is a treat for those who doesn’t like the usual pasta tomato sauce.
Try this easy and simplest pasta recipe and you will be amazed by its taste. The fragrant from garlic along with red chilli,infused in olive oil is quite good in this..
|Angel hair pasta||1 small bunch|
|Red chilli (fresh)||2-3|
|Olive oil||4-6 tblsp|
|Salt and water||As needed|
- Boil pasta in enough water with salt and little bit of olive oil, until soft and cooked.(or as per the cooking instructions given in the wrapper)
- Drain the water and wash in tap water to prevent sticking.
- Chop garlic finely(mince) and chop the red chillies in to thin circles.
- Heat a pan,add olive oil(do not let it fume) and add the chopped garlic and red chillies.Keep the flame in lowest.
- Just give it a stir and add the cooked pasta,sprinkle some salt if desired.
- Stir well in medium flame for 1 – 2 minutes. That’s it, we finished making aglio olio!!
Transfer to the serving plate and enjoy hot,if you want you can even top with parmesan cheese. But its quite great as such!!