I had a lone sweet potato after making some other recipe and was thinking what to make with it. Then saw this Sweet Potato Buns recipe in a cookbook I took from the library (The Best Veggie Burgers On The Planet – by Joni Marie Newman). I was more than happy to try it out. And I always wanted to experiment buns with longer kneading time, as my previous attempts has no much kneading time.
I was just amazed with the result of this buns,they were smooth,soft outside and the pores were very fine and spongy inside. I was thrilled and could not wait to taste the buns as I saw them raising,with smooth top inside the oven while it was getting baked! And more than anything my hubby tasted and approved it was tasting good(he is not a big fan of yeasted breads/buns). My kid also had it happily after he returned from the School.
|Sweet potato||1 small|
|Plain flour/All purpose flour/ Maida||2 cups |
+ 1/2 cup for sprinkling
|Olive oil||1/8 cup|
|Warm water||1/4 cup|
|Active dry yeast||3/4 tblsp|
CELEBRATE SWEETS|SEPTEMBER 2011-SWEETS/DESSERTS WITH FRUITS & VEGETABLESI am so very excited to host an event in my space after years! When Nivedita contacted me if I could host her event for the month of September,without any second thought I accepted right away. Thanks to her for helping in choosing the theme and the opportunity to host the event as well! So lets CELEBRATE SWEETS the month September with Sweets/dessert recipes with fruits & Vegetables!!
So send in your innovative and interesting recipes to make this event a grand success!
Here are some guide lines for the event :
- Post any sweet/dessert recipes that uses any fruit or vegetable as a main ingredient in between Sep 1st –
Sep 30thOctober 7th . Main ingredient means you should use that in the cooking process and not “garnish” with it!
- Link to the event details page of Nivedita’s blog and this post. Also include the event logo. These three things are mandatory.
- If you have any old post in your archive, either update the post with these links and logo or repost it as a new post with the links and logo.
- Send in your entry to tvijayanand1904(AT)gmail(DOT)com with “Celebrate Sweets” as subject,with (1) Your Name (2) Your Blog Name (3) Post link (4)A picture of the recipe.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to submit their recipes, just email me the recipe with one of the picture of the recipe(clicked by yourself) that you made.
- I will take care of resizing the pictures so don”t worry about the size or dimensions.
- After your entry sent to my mail ID, if I don't acknowledge your mail within one or two days, please leave a comment in my recent post insisting it.