After a fun trip to Pune, I am back again in Chennai and enjoying the busy life meeting friends(Vj's friends), shopping(not for me, for the wedding ;) hahaha) and looking forward for this week with house fully packed with guests for the wedding. Yesterday I was supposed to post this, but somehow could not post. When I was short of posts, Jeyashri came up with this guest post idea, I was really happy and relieved :) Ofcourse I need not cook, click, edit, type and make a post but I can just copy paste and publish the post ;) Thank you so much Jeyashri for the timely help, you always help me a lot :) And regarding this recipe, I have never tried making icecream at home and never thought also. I dont have a label Ice cream in my blog. Now, I am creating one :) and hope I could try some in the future. I have tasted mango Ice cream at her home, she promised me to make this one as well when ever I visit her! Lucky me :P So here's Jeyashri's Custard powder Ice cream recipe:
Ice cream is always special to me and this post is even more special to me, as this Vanilla custard powder ice cream i am posting as a Guest Post for Rak's Kitchen. Though i got introduced to her through blogs, now a days our weekly chat sessions will rarely involve in matters relating to our blogs. This Vanilla custard powder ice cream i wanted to make for a very long time ,but many times the Indian store here, doesn’t have Vanilla flavoured Custard powder. Recently i saw in a shop and bought it immediately. The ice cream came out super softy and creamy, but only sad part is i wanted to share the ice cream with Raji, but when i visited her home the other day, i totally forgot to take it with me.
INGREDIENTS: YIELDS 4 SCOOPS
|CUSTARD POWDER (VANILA FLAVOR)||1 AND 1/2 TBLSP|
|MILK (LOW FAT)||2 CUPS|
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, reserving 3 tblsps of milk aside.
- Mix the custard powder in the 3 tblsp of milk into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add this custard mixture to the boiled milk and keep the flame low. Stir it continuously for 2 minutes. The mixture will give a thick custard. Let it be like a dosa batter consistency.
- Add sugar to it and put off the flame.
- Allow this custard to cool down completely.
- When done, add cream to this ( i used the Nestle cream) and whip in the mixer for a minute.
- Pour this mixture in a freezer safe box and freeze it for an hour.
- After that take out and whip it again for a minute. Repeat this step 2 times . this is to avoid the formation of Ice and to get a creamy texture.
- After doing the whipping process for 3 times, freeze the ice cream mixture for 5-6 hours.
- Your vanilla custard powder ice cream is done.
- Serve with fruits if you want.
- You can use any flavour of custard powder.
- To the custard powder mixture, instead of sugar you can add condensed milk to get a rich taste.
- You can add nuts to this after you finish off the whipping process. You will get the nutty bits while having ice cream.
- Do not add custard powder more than the quantity mentioned.