While I am busy with visiting friends for Navarathri and inviting them for Golu, I dint even touched my camera for picturing anything for the blog. Though I wanted to click atleast sundal or something for Diwali, I thought let Navarathri gets over, then I can start planning for Diwali. Today I was not in mood at all to enter kitchen, so thought of making something that I spend only less time in kitchen. And I made this meal. Next week I will try to come up with an interesting meal idea. Now on to this weeks preparation. It took only with an hour for me to prepare this meal.
Lunch menu 22 (South Indian menu recipes)Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 3
- Chop chow chow alone first and in a pressure cooker, with two vessels, I kept rice in one and for kootu(with dal) in one vessel. Pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Mean while, soak tamarind for rasam. Clean the coriander for thogayal. Grate coconut for kootu.
- Gather and prepare other ingredients like garlic for rasam and curry leaves.
- Roast the ingredients for thogayal and let it cool down aside. Temper for kootu and then temper boil the rasam, mean while you can powder pepper for the rasam.
- Prepare rasam and by now pressure would have released and now boil kootu, mean while you can grind for kootu and finish kootu as well.
- Lastly gather ingredients for thogayal and grind it. Fry appalam. That’s it we are done with the meals. Very simple right?
Here are the links for the recipes in the lunch menu :
pudhina thogaiyal recipe, paruppu thogayal recipe or Gongura thogayal recipe.
Browse rasam recipes here.
And you can see other kootu recipes in the recipe index page.
Have a happy weekend!