Today after long time I made mochakottai kuzhambu. Its one of my favorite. I wanted to do a lunch menu post with mochakottai kuzhambu for a while now. With inlaws around, I cooked so easily today, with lots of talking and I was surprised when I realized I already finished cooking!. I always want to take a break from the regular sambar and mostly in weekends I make kuzhambu varieties other than sambar. So here is how I prepared the lunch with Mochakottai kuzhambu, snake gourd kootu, rasam and spenkizhangu curry.
Lunch menu 28 (South Indian lunch Ideas)Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 35 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 4
- We make mochakottai kuzhambu by roasting, then pressure cooking and not by soaking method. So I dint soaked it, if you want to make soaking method, soak the previous night itself.
- Roast 3/4 cup mochakottai and pressure cook and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind for kuzhambu and rasam. Pressure cook arbi (seppankizhangu) placed in a container and dal + chopped snake gourd in another container for 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile, peel garlic for kuzhambu and shallots (small onion) for kuzhambu. Chop the shallots and chop onion for arbi curry. 1 tomato for rasam. Keep ready curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Grate coconut for kootu and grind it, keep aside. Extract tamarind juice. Peel the seppankizhangu, slice and mix with the spice powders and keep it ready.
- Prepare kootu and temper it first. Kootu work is over.
- Prepare rasam (I do in kadai itself and finish it off quickly). Also temper it and finish rasam.
- Then temper for kuzhambu and let it boil in a stove in medium flame as it will take some time for the mocha kottai to get soft.
- Lastly prepare seppankizhangu curry. Both will take some time and you can use the time to clean up the kitchen and other works which can be done side by side.
- Lastly keep rice and enjoy your lunch!
Check out the links
- Mochakottai kuzhambu recipe
- Rasam recipe
- Seppankizhangu curry recipe
- Snake gourd kootu recipe
- Narthangai pachadi recipe
Have a great weekend