Mangoes are in season and I am sure you all cooking mango for your lunch. I had a mango sitting in my fridge vegetable trays bottom for past 2 weeks, but still it was good. I was saving it for making mango thokku, but kept forgetting about it. So today, I got 2 more mangoes and thought I should finish this mango before it goes for waste. Same way a drumstick. So made a combo sambar. I think I have already posted this in my lunch menu series when I was at Chennai last summer. And here is how I made this simple lunch menu today.
Lunch menu 34 (South Indian Lunch)Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Lunch
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 3
- Pressure cook dal for sambar. Side by side rice.
- Soak tamarind for sambar and rasam and extract tamarind juice.
- Thinly slice for bitter gourd chips and mix all the ingredients needed and keep refrigerated.
- Chop tomato for sambar, rasam. Onion for sambar, poriyal. Cut drumstick and boil it side by side.
- Chop carrot, cook it and mean while grate coconut for poriyal and coconut thogaiyal.
- Heat kadai, first roast ingredients for coconut thogaiyal. Then temper for rasam and transfer to the serving vessel, then for sambar and sambar get ready in a stove.
- Next make poriyal and transfer to the serving bowl. Prepare rasam and transfer over the tempered items kept in the serving bowl.
- Grind thogayal. Lastly, heat oil in kadai fry few papad and then lastly fry the bitter gourd chips.
And you lunch is ready with thogaiyal , Drumstick mango sambar, rasam, carrot poriyal, bitter gourd chips, buttermilk, appalam, pickle and Rice.
Check out the links for these posts
- Mango sambar recipe
- Rasam recipe
- Coconut thogaiyal recipe
- Carrot poriyal recipe
- Bitter gourd chips recipe
- Pickle recipes
In this menu, bitter gourd chips takes a while to fry. So you can make ahead and store in airtight container in fridge. Check out this crispy ladies finger fries.
Check out other thogaiyal recipes too.
Have a great day!