Paneer sandwich is easy delicious, kid’s favorite sandwich. It can also be a quick fix for a filling tea time snack for your whole family. With paneer (Indian cottage cheese), few vegetables and masala powders, its tasty as well as healthy stuffing to sandwich between breads and make snack. Use whole grain bread for healthier choice.
This is the first time I am making paneer sandwich. Weird right😝? I always had a thought paneer sandwich could be dry and not as tasty as sandwiches with cheese. But this one was tasting really great and Aj too loved it. After years of packing pizza sandwich in his lunch box and not getting convinced for any other sandwich, finally he told he can take paneer sandwich instead the cheesy pizza sandwich.
How to make paneer sandwich video recipe:
So heres my version of paneer sandwich and I know many of you look for this specific sandwich in my blog. Here is it.
Step by step pictures
- Keep paneer immersed in hot water until soft. Mean while you can prepare the required ingredients. Crumble the paneer once cooled down.
- In a pan, add oil and splutter cumin seeds in low flame. Add ginger garlic paste and give it a fry.
- Add green chilli, carrot and capsicum. Fry for a minute to cook it but still retains it crunch.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add crumbled paneer, coriander leaves and mix for 2 minutes.
- Once mixed well, add chaat masala, lemon juice and switch off the flame. Mix well and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat a sandwich maker until it is ready (green light goes on) and grease well with butter, both up and down. Spread the prepared paneer in a bread slice and cover it with another slice. Place in the sandwich maker and close it.
- Once it is golden in colour, take off from the sandwich maker and divide into two to serve. I used griller plates, so I gave a quick double toast for extra crispy sandwiches.
- Cut into triangles to serve