Peas kachori recipe -is a snack or breakfast made with fresh green peas stuffed in maida (all purpose flour), rolled to a flat bread and deep fried.
I thought kachori means crispy dry snack, but when I was looking for this peas kachori recipe, it was just like a stuffed puri. And the stuffing was so similar to peas paratha. Only the method is slightly different. I thought I could adapt the peas paratha stuffing method better next time as it is slightly easier.
Since this is the first time I am making peas kachori, I thought I would try the way I saw in the recipe I bookmarked to try. I saw a wide variety of peas kachori, like Gujarathi, Bengali, may be there are some slight variations. So here’s my version of peas kachori. Check out my besan kachori recipe too. Below is the peas kachori Youtube video.
Step by step pictures
- First make dough with flour, salt, ghee and water. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the stuffing. In a mixer, grind peas, chilli, ginger, salt with little water to a paste.
- Heat a pan with oil or ghee and splutter cumin, add asafoetida. Add ground paste, sugar, coriander seeds powder, amchoor powder.
- Stir in medium flame to cook this mixture. Once thick and dry, switch off the flame and cool down.
- Divide the dough and stuffing into equal sized balls (medium lemon sized). Take one ball of dough, dust and roll into thick disc. Keep the stuffing inside.
- Cover it from all sides and gather at top. Seal well and roll again to a ball.
- Dust and roll into thick puris.
- Heat enough oil in kadai, slide in the rolled puris. Cook in medium flame by gently pressing against oil to let it puff well.
- Flip and cook until golden spots appear. Drain in paper towel.