Schezwan dahi puri chaat recipe is an simple twist given to the regular dahi puri we make but with schezwan sauce. A spicy dahi puri recipe with the flavour of lehsun (garlic) and with red hot spicy schezwan sauce.
I have tasted this once in Kailash parbat and we all loved it a lot. It was spicy and the spicy sauce blend well with the dahi puri. Kailash parbat is the best place in Singapore for authentic north Indian chaats. It has been a while since we visited there, so last week went for having lunch and ordered this Schezwan Dahi puri.
I thought I will try this out at home and tried last weekend. We all enjoyed it a lot. So thought of sharing it here. I have used sev and boondi that I got from shop. I made puri, schezwan sauce and sweet chutney at home. You can use store bought schezwan sauce too. I will soon share the schezwan style sauce too.
For making this chaat easily at home, you have to plan a bit and make puri and chutneys before hand itself. I have given links in the ingredients list, click on it for respective recipe.
Check out other chaat recipes in my blog :
- Canape chaat
- Aloo channa chaat
- Masala peanut chaat
- Pani puri recipe
- Ragda pattice
- Dahi papdi chaat
- Dahi vada
- Dahi puri
Full video on how to make schezwan dahi puri:
Step by step Pictures
- First soak boondi in hot water for 15 mins in water (just to immerse it). After 15 mins, it will become soft.
- Next mix curd, milk and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Collect all the ingredients needed and arrange the puri over a plate. Break open the puri on the top. Fill with soaked boondi first. Add 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp of schezwan sauce in each puri.
- Fill with the sweet curd. Top with little sweet chutney over each puri. Again add more curd on top.
- Sprinkle sev generously and some coriander leaves. You can add more soaked boondi too if you have remaining.